I suggest you ...

Fire David Houghton

http://tinyurl.com/83azhhy

In this article, Mr. Houghton blatantly admits to having no idea what the hell he is talking about yet eagerly jumps to the defense of EA/Bioware while simultaneously condemning one of their possible decisions to better clarify the ending to a game Mr. Houghton hasn't played.

Also, why do you have a journalist on a gaming website who has zero knowledge of the Mass Effect universe? To not have even played the series is enough to discredit him as a source of gamer knowledge. The series is a landmark and one of the most celebrated in the history of the industry...

Rid yourself of someone who is nothing more than a detriment to your credibility.

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin HarrisKevin Harris shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steven CassellSteven Cassell commented  · 

I don't understand all the negativity towards Mr. Houghton. It seems a bit extreme to call for the man to be fired for not playing a video game when he has undoubtedly played many others. In addition to this I don't believe it is necessary to have played the game to have an opinion on the EA/Biowares changing of the Mass Effect ending. I personally haven't played the game and I have the opinion that the whole debacle is a cop out. I can't get behind changing the story because of some outcry at how it wasn't effective. In my opinion the man was in the right and firing him would be a gross overreaction to what is essentially a non-issue.

• monicaJaemonicaJae commented  · 

so, is this suggestion planned, declined, completed...what? was it even read, that's the sixty-four thousand dollar question now

• John DoeJohn Doe commented  · 

Whoever posted this is a clear retard whos eyes are so clogged up with Mass effect wanking jizz that they cannot read correctly.

• Kevin HarrisKevin Harris commented  · 

Too stupid to understand what? That he has zero knowledge of an industry and makes blindfolded assumptions about how it should be managed?

He knows nothing of the industry itself and is saying that developers should not have the right to handle their games as they see fit.

He's a poison in the system and lacks the appropriate journalistic tact and familiarity necessary to be a competent reporter.

• Level Headed PersonLevel Headed Person commented  · 

You people are pathetic. He provided well thought out opinions of the gaming industry in general, and simply used ME3 as context. Like he said in the article, whether or not he played ME3 is irrelevant, because he's talking about the idea of developers changing their games in general, it's an article more about the industry than about ME3. It's a very simple concept. You can't fire someone because you're too stupid to understand that.

• DougDoug commented  · 

Yes, pretty much. GR has been my de facto source for game news for two years. Quitting over this. YOu had no one else with an opinion on the matter? Even your reviewer who raised many of the opinions that the RetakeME crowd hold in the very review?Total nonsense.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

I never met David Houghton but if he is allowed to work in journalism after this article children will die of aids.

My starting salary is 40k let me know about any job openings at your terrible excuse of a website.

Feedback and Knowledge Base